Followers

Friday, November 16, 2012

FO Friday: Herringbone Afghan




 Today I get to show off my latest completed project, The Herringbone Afghan.  The main part of the afghan was finished a few weeks ago but I still needed to do the border and weave in the ends.  I finally got motivated to get this done last night.  Overall, I'm happy with the outcome.  As you might remember in my previous post, I got to learn a new stitch.  I also did not run out of yarn, although that is probably due to the fact I did not complete as many rows as the pattern suggested.  I am happy with the length and width so I didn't feel a need to add more rows.  I will probably end up donating this afghan to Bridge and Beyond although it probably won't end up there until next year when we are settled at our next duty station.

As always, don't forget to check out the wonderful link parties at the bottom of the page.  It's a great way to see what other crafty folks are up to.


11 comments:

  1. It is perfect Katie! :) I had tried this stitch sometime back from a free ebook but it was done with 2 colors and I messed it up and never succeeded again :(
    Your stitches have come very neatly:) couple of close up pics would have given a more clear look of the stitch. Nevertheless, I saw those stitches in your old post that you have linked:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks really pretty! I love the detailed view of the stitch - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Katie B! It is always nice to learn a new stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice. btw, know of any good easy warm scarf patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that herringbone pattern is impressive! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the texture of this afghan. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That stitch is awesome! Love the colours and the pattern, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never did afghan crochet but I appreciate it !
    Lovely blog you have.
    Thanks for the comment.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how it turned out. I guess when making an afghan, you will definately have that new stitch imprinted in your skills.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone that leaves a comment! I might not get a chance to respond to each and every one but I do read them and appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...